Every day events happen in your life
…and I want to share with you a story that changed by life in a big way because of life coaching.
The story directly relates to a formula we use as Jack Canfield Trainers in the Success Principles and it’s called E + R = O. This stands for Event + Your Response = Outcome you get.
We respond to the events in our lives in different ways.
Right now, those events could be:
- overcoming the Monday morning blues.
- feeling you’ve lost your way a bit
- building confidence.
- finding a job or career that you love.
- getting clear on your goals.
- staying accountable to your goals.
- doing more of the activities that engage you.
- forming better relationships.
- having more meaning in your life.
At the age of 38 several events happened:
- I got divorced
- I had to go back to work full-time to keep my son and I in a house and fed.
- I had to move house and downsize, get a mortgage and set up home again.
- My 4 year old was diagnosed with Autism and was expelled from school
- My Dad died all in the same year and I wasn’t there for him or my mother.
- I got made redundant 4 times
I responded (R) to all those events by remaining bewildered, sad, and confused and I remember crying a lot at the top of the stairs and in people’s offices and thinking “Why is this happening to me?”
The outcome (O) was an inability to move forward with my life for over two years.
So, having studied the Success Principles™ for some years it dawned on me that I wasn’t taking 100% responsibility for my life and I was responding to the events in my life in a negative way. I was blaming and complaining to people who didn’t care.
My responses to the events in my life just facilitated sadness, and pain.
Then it dawned upon me that I was the one who was responsible for my future success so I made a plan, set myself some goals and created a vision board.
I decided to go back to owning my own business again.
I am now feel confident, grateful and thankful that I have found my way back and am back in control of my life fulfilling my passion to help other people find their way in life. I became a Jack Canfield Certified Trainer in the Success Principles™ and am a dedicated trainer in this amazing method of coaching.
If you’ve got stuff going on in your life you’d like to deal with I’m going to start a 6-week course in May to help you move forward. If you’re interested drop me a message to go on the waiting list.