After working with hundreds of people all over the world, I have come to believe that each of us is born with a unique life purpose.
Identifying, acknowledging, and honouring this purpose is perhaps the most important action successful people take. They take the time to understand what they’re here to do – and then they pursue that with passion and enthusiasm.
For some of us, our life purpose a passion is obvious and clear. We’re born with a set of talents and through persistent practice, we develop our talents into skills.
My son is a prime example. It was clear from the start he was interested in computers and is now in IT and loving it.
Similarly, it was clear to me from the age of 8 that I was destined to teach/coach. I recall that I had the local kids in our garden shed with a blackboard and I can’t remember now what I taught but I do remember being passionate about learning and teaching. I’ve gotten off course several times but always seem to find my back to my natural talents.
For some people, though, it’s not as easy to identify a passion. You may even have asked yourself at one point or another:
“What should I do with my life?” or “What am I doing with my life?”
Alternatively, you may enjoy what you do, but on deeper exploration, discover that you’re passionate about something altogether different than what you do.
Below I’d like to give you 10 tips to help you find your life passion and true purpose.
- Explore the things you love to do and what comes easy to you
- Ask yourself what qualities you enjoy expressing the most in the world
- Create a life purpose statement (like a mood board) of what you want
- Follow your inner guidance system, your own GPS – are you off course? Decide where you do want to go
- Be clear about what you want
- What are you most passionate about?
- Think about the times you’ve felt good – what were you doing?
- When was the last time you felt fulfilled?
- Align your future goals with your life purpose and passions
- Lean into your true-life purpose – do it bit by bit.
You’ve got big dreams and ambitions. Now, it’s time to start acting on them while taking your life to a whole new level.
Here’s an opportunity for you…why not join our FREE webinar series to get you from where you are now to where you want to be. There are 3 in total and the first one is on replay right now, register and watch right now here
Lesley Strachan Consulting and Training
“Getting you from where you are to where you want to be”
Award winning Coach| Consultant| Speaker| Trainer| Adviser
The UK leader in Coaching “The Success Principles™
1 Loreille Gardens|Rownhams|Southampton|Hampshire|SO16 8LP
Tel: 0044 (0)7739 172447|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org