The reality is that you – and the life you lead today – are the result of your habits. Changing habits can seem difficult to accomplish at first, but success is a result of your habits.
If you think about it, you’re living out your habits every day. From how early you get out of bed, to your morning routine, how you dress, walk, exercise, interact with others and even what you habitually think about and how you respond to the world.
These habits got you to where you are today…
The fact is that habits are necessary. They free up your mind so you can concentrate on how to survive day to day. For instance, you don’t have to think about how to drive your car – which allows you instead to be on the lookout for danger while you’re driving.
Unfortunately, habits can also keep you locked in self-destructive patterns, which limit your success. Becoming successful is a result of changing habits. You’ll need to eliminate bad habits and develop new ones that are in alignment with the life you want to live.
The life you want to live won’t just materialize one day… your habits determine your outcomes!
What habits are keeping you from achieving your goals?
I encourage you to be honest with yourself here…
• Are you always running late?
• Do you forget to return phone calls within 24 hours?
• Do you stay up late and never get enough sleep?
• Do you often break promises to your friends and family?
• Do you resist planning your day?
• Do you spend money you don’t have?
• Do you avoid putting important tasks and events in your calendar?
• Do you drink alcohol more than once a week – and do you have more than two drinks per day?
Imagine the Result of You Changing Habits
• What would your life be like if you ate healthy meals, exercised and got enough sleep?
• What if you saved your money, stopped using credit cards, and paid cash for everything?
• What if you stopped procrastinating, overcame your fears, and began networking with people in your field?
• What if you created a detailed annual plan for success – then chunked it down into monthly, weekly, and daily plans to ensure you stayed on track to achieving your goals?
Join in the conversation today by leaving a comment on this blog– tell me one habit you have you’d like to change.
My habit is………………………………………………………………………………….
Acknowledgment: Jack Canfield, America’s #1 Success Coach, is founder of the billion-dollar book brand Chicken Soup for the Soul® and a leading authority on Peak Performance and Life Success. If you’re ready to jump-start your life, make more money, and have more fun and joy in all that you do work with me as your personal coach: Lesley Strachan is a Jack Canfield Success Principles Coach. On the home page https://lesley-strachan-consulting-training.com/ you’ll find a 30-minute FREE coaching session.