I was very pleased to be part of a Pilates day retreat organised by Fitskool last Sunday at Moorhill House Hotel in Burley, Hampshire.
I was invited to give a special guest presentation called “Getting you from where you are to where you want to be”.
The idea was to link my workshop to the aim of the day which was to release stress and muscle tension and work on the art of being in the present moment.
My workshop was after lunch and I wanted the session to be interactive so I started with an overview of the events that happen in our lives and how we respond to them whether negatively or positively. We then considered whether our responses may be affecting us physically and/or mentally leading to tension or stress. Having given some personal examples, we then split into groups and chatted about situations that were on our minds or troubling us and went through a number of thought processes including:
- What is a difficult or troubling situation in your life?
- How are you creating it or allowing it to happen?
- What are you pretending not to know?
- What is the payoff for keeping it like it is?
- What is the cost for not changing it?
- What would you rather be experiencing?
- What actions will you take and what requests will you make to get it?
- By when will you take that action?
- On a scale of 1-10 (10 being highest probability), will you follow through on this action?
I was really pleased with the energy in the room and most of the group went away thinking about things very differently. One lady wanted to leave her job and do something else she has a passion for, and found new ways of starting that process later emailing me to say “Your talk today was interesting and a fitting addition to the day, thank you”
After my workshop we all went on a guided walk in the New Forest before finishing the day with a 40-minute relaxation session. That’s me in the bottom left hand corner. If you’d like a similar workshop please contact me.